Nurse Case Manager
This Nurse Case Manager position is with a leading care
management organization whose primary philosophy is improving the
lives of people with complex and catastrophic injuries and
This well-established and continuously growing organization is
seeking a Field Nurse Case Manager to cover the Spokane, WA,
area. This company is looking for entrepreneurial-minded
individuals who are looking to become part of an innovative and
team-based environment and who have the ability and desire to
contribute to a bigger picture. Strong company culture and
supportive onboarding structures, make this an ideal opportunity
to either start a new career direction or to bring your excellent
experience to an energized and innovative organization.
This individual is responsible for the medical case management of
work-related injuries, which includes assessment, planning,
coordination, implementation, and evaluation of injured/disabled
individuals. You will be responsible for working with individuals
who have experienced life-altering injuries and will have an
opportunity to positively impact outcomes for both patients and
their family members. This organization’s onboarding and training
programs are robust, and RNs who have transferrable skills are
encouraged to apply.
Nurse Case Managers work with insurance carriers, medical care
providers, attorneys, employers, and employees, and closely
monitor the progress of the injured workers. Case managers also
communicate, and report results back to the employers and
insurance carriers in a way that positively influences outcomes
for all stakeholders.
· Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in WA
· Excellent organization and timeline adherence skills
· Excellent PC and technology skills, including Outlook and
· Excellent communication skills- written, verbal and
· Valid Driver’s License, and good driving history
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accepts cases for referral and management in accordance with
Medical Case Management Standards of Practices and established
* Counsel, direct and motivate consumers to reach their highest
level of function.
* Establishes relationships and maintains communications with
consumers, families, providers, carrier clients and
employers. Ensures that all communication is culturally sensitive
and meets requirements to maintain injured worker
* Completes accurate and timely written reports in accordance
with documentation standards.
* Ensures that case management plan is implemented and care is
coordinated to ensure achievement of case management
interventions. Documents progress towards achievement of case
management intervention and evaluate progress on an ongoing
basis, modifying the case management plan if indicated.
* Assist sales/marketing team as needed in order to build
caseload. Develop solid relationships with customers in order to
assure repeat business.
* A minimum of a 4-year Bachelor of Arts/Science in a
health-related field that meets national certification criteria
and allows the professional to conduct an assessment
independently as permitted within the scope of practice of the
* Current, unrestricted registration as a licensed nurse in the
* Case Managers may also need regional or national certifications
and must adhere to the standards of practice outlined by the
specific national certifying body or the jurisdictionally
accepted standards of practice.
* Two years of full-time equivalent direct clinical experience to
the consumer (required for casework referred from Accounts
requiring accredited case management).
* Professional licenses or certifications required to meet
qualifications for this position must be current, unrestricted
and allow for practice within a state or territory of the United
* Exceptional time management and organization skills are
required. A full-time Case Manager is responsible for
approximately 25 files that all require contact and reporting
within specific timelines.
* The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of
people on a daily basis utilizing both verbal and written
* Flexibility, versatility, and problem solving – this role works
at a fast pace.
* Technology proficiency – Case Managers use advanced Case
Management software solution to do their work. A laptop and cell
phone are used daily.
* Strong clinical skills – Case Managers do not provide direct
patient care but they rely on their strong clinical skills to
exercise discretion and make an independent judgement of
treatment and progress to make an impact on their injured
* The desire to help others and yourself succeed.
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
* Proven decision-making and critical thinking skills, requiring
* Problem solving and conflict resolution/negotiation skills