To View Open Jobs, Simply Click The Search Jobs Button, Or Search By Category.
Nurse Case Manager
This Nurse Case Manager position is with a leading care management organization whose primary philosophy is improving the lives of people with complex and catastrophic injuries and diagnoses.
This company is looking for entrepreneurial-minded nurses who are looking to become part of an innovative and team-based environment and who have the ability and desire to contribute to a bigger picture. Strong company culture and supportive onboarding structures, make this an ideal opportunity to either start a new career direction or to bring your excellent nursing experience to an energized and innovative organization.
This well-established and continuously growing organization is seeking a Field Nurse Case Manager experienced in catastrophic work injury cases in Jacksonville, FL.
You will be responsible for the medical case management of work-related injuries, which includes assessment, planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of injured/disabled individuals. You will be working with patients who have experienced life-altering injuries and will have an opportunity to positively impact outcomes for both patients and their family members.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in Florida.
- 2 years critical care experience; 2 yrs. experience in Catastrophic injury/illness case management, disability management
- Case management or clinical experience in: acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma (including amputation), burns
- Recommended certifications (CCM, CRRN, CDMS, CRC)
- Experience in workers comp catastrophic case management preferred
- Ability to occasionally work outside of traditional business hours (evenings or weekends) if needed to meet the needs of the claim.
- Excellent organization and timeline adherence skills
- Excellent PC and technology skills
- Excellent communication skills- written, verbal and interpersonal
- Valid driver’s license, and good driving history
- A minimum of a 4-year Bachelor of Arts/Science in a health-related field that meets national certification criteria and allows the professional to conduct an assessment independently as permitted within the scope of practice of the discipline; or
- Current, unrestricted registration as a licensed nurse in the state.
- Case Managers may also need regional or national certifications and must adhere to the standards of practice outlined by the specific national certifying body or the jurisdictionally accepted standards of practice.
- Two years of full-time equivalent direct clinical experience to the consumer (required for casework referred from Accounts requiring accredited case management).
- Professional licenses or certifications required to meet qualifications for this position must be current, unrestricted and allow for practice within a state or territory of the United States.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills are required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people on a daily basis utilizing both verbal and written communication.
- Flexibility, versatility, and problem solving – this role works at a fast pace.
- Technology proficiency – Case Managers use advanced Case Management software solution to do their work. A laptop and cell phone are used daily.
- Strong clinical skills – Case Managers do not provide direct patient care but they rely on their strong clinical skills to exercise discretion and make an independent judgment of treatment and progress to make an impact on their injured workers.
- The desire to help others and yourself succeed.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Proven decision-making and critical thinking skills, requiring little supervision.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution/negotiation skills