Nurse Case Manager
This Nurse Case Manager position is with a leading care
management organization whose primary philosophy is improving the
lives of people with complex and catastrophic injuries and
This company is looking for entrepreneurial-minded nurses who are
looking to become part of an innovative and team-based
environment and who have the ability and desire to contribute to
a bigger picture. Strong company culture and supportive
onboarding structures, make this an ideal opportunity to either
start a new career direction or to bring your excellent nursing
experience to an energized and innovative organization.
This well-established and continuously growing organization is
seeking a Field Nurse Case Manager experienced in catastrophic
work injury cases in Jacksonville, FL.
You will be responsible for the medical case management of
work-related injuries, which includes assessment, planning,
coordination, implementation, and evaluation of injured/disabled
individuals. You will be working with patients who have
experienced life-altering injuries and will have an opportunity
to positively impact outcomes for both patients and their family
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in Florida.
* 2 years critical care experience; 2 yrs. experience in
Catastrophic injury/illness case management, disability
* Case management or clinical experience in: acquired brain
injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma (including
* Recommended certifications (CCM, CRRN, CDMS, CRC)
* Experience in workers comp catastrophic case management
* Ability to occasionally work outside of traditional business
hours (evenings or weekends) if needed to meet the needs of the
* Excellent organization and timeline adherence skills
* Excellent PC and technology skills
* Excellent communication skills- written, verbal and
* Valid driver’s license, and good driving history
* A minimum of a 4-year Bachelor of Arts/Science in a
health-related field that meets national certification criteria
and allows the professional to conduct an assessment
independently as permitted within the scope of practice of the
* Current, unrestricted registration as a licensed nurse in the
* Case Managers may also need regional or national certifications
and must adhere to the standards of practice outlined by the
specific national certifying body or the jurisdictionally
accepted standards of practice.
* Two years of full-time equivalent direct clinical experience to
the consumer (required for casework referred from Accounts
requiring accredited case management).
* Professional licenses or certifications required to meet
qualifications for this position must be current, unrestricted
and allow for practice within a state or territory of the United
* Exceptional time management and organization skills are
* The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of
people on a daily basis utilizing both verbal and written
* Flexibility, versatility, and problem solving – this role works
at a fast pace.
* Technology proficiency – Case Managers use advanced Case
Management software solution to do their work. A laptop and cell
phone are used daily.
* Strong clinical skills – Case Managers do not provide direct
patient care but they rely on their strong clinical skills to
exercise discretion and make an independent judgment of treatment
and progress to make an impact on their injured workers.
* The desire to help others and yourself succeed.
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
* Proven decision-making and critical thinking skills, requiring
* Problem solving and conflict resolution/negotiation skills